Hidden Opportunities, A Strategic Compliance Series: Preserving the Harvest…Leveraging HSAs
This webinar can now be accessed from Here.
Join us on Thursday, February 17 from 12:00 to 12:30 CST for the second webinar in Humaculture, Inc.’s Hidden Opportunities, Strategic Compliance Series, which will focus on Surpassing Mere Compliance and include an example of leveraging Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) to use tax preferences to finance what can’t/shouldn’t be avoided, promote financial well-being, and make benefits more distinctive in talent attraction and retention.
- Steve Cyboran, ASA, MAAA, FCA, CEBS, actuary and strategy consultant
- Wes Rogers, Humaculturist® and strategy consultant
- Jack Towarnicky, LLM, JD, MBA, CEBS, attorney, strategy and compliance consultant
- Kelley C. Long, CPA/PFS, CFP®, accountant, financial well-being planner, coach, and consultant
Beyond basic compliance, this series addresses how to strategically leverage the No Surprises Act and Transparency in Coverage to create a competitive advantage for both the employer and employees. In this session we will include a focus on leveraging HSAs as an example of a strategic response to use tax preferences to finance what can’t/shouldn’t be avoided with the No Surprises Act.
Leveraging HSAs Key Takeaways
During this session, participants will learn:
- Why the No Surprises Act is likely to be inflationary – increasing employer and employee costs
- How employees are financially fragile and aren’t prepared for out-of-pocket expenses
- Why Transparency Rules present opportunities to help employees become better consumers
- How to communicate all negatives as necessary due to compliance
- How HSA-eligible coverage with an HSA is one strategic action you can take to:
- Use tax preferences to finance what can’t/shouldn’t be avoided
- Use design levers to reduce plan and participant cost
- Create a distinctive design to attract and retain talent (self-selection)