Hidden Opportunities, A Strategic Compliance Series: A “Dope” Response to Pharmacy Transparency
You can now access a replay of this webinar here.
Join us on Thursday, March 17 from 12:00 to 12:30 CST for the third webinar in Humaculture, Inc.’s Hidden Opportunities, Strategic Compliance Series, to learn why the new pharmacy transparency law will not increase transparency; will increase costs, administration, and litigation risk; and how to effectively respond.
- Steve Cyboran, ASA, MAAA, FCA, CEBS, actuary and strategy consultant
- Wes Rogers, Humaculturist® and strategy consultant
- Jack Towarnicky, LLM, JD, MBA, CEBS, attorney, strategy and compliance consultant
- Scott McKibbin, strategy and pharmacy consultant
Beyond basic compliance, this series addresses how to strategically leverage the No Surprises Act and Transparency in Coverage to create a competitive advantage for both the employer and employees. In this session we will include a focus on leveraging Acquisition Cost Based Pharmacy Pricing as well as Behavioral Design and Messaging as an example of a strategic action organizations can take to optimize this compliance opportunity.
Pharmacy Transparency Key Takeaways
During this session, participants will learn:
- Transparency is a misnomer – New rules don’t provide transparency
- Pharmacy is likely to continue to be rather “opaque”
- The conundrum – mere compliance will likely increase costs, administration, and litigation risk
- How to use Acquisition Cost Based Pharmacy Pricing as well as Behavioral Design and Messaging as examples of strategic actions to:
- Avoid what can be avoided
- Provide true transparency with pharmacy benefits
- Empower consumers to make better, more clinically appropriate decisions
- Communicate all negatives as the result of compliance
- Inform/educate consumers (before they become patients)