Hidden Opportunities, A Strategic Compliance Series: Surpassing Mere Compliance – Including Reference Based Pricing
This webinar can now be accessed from Here.
Join us on Thursday, January 20 from 12:00 to 12:30 CST for the first webinar in Humaculture, Inc.’s Hidden Opportunities, Strategic Compliance Series, which will focus on Surpassing Mere Compliance and include an example of using Reference Based Pricing.
- Steve Cyboran, ASA, MAAA, FCA, CEBS, actuary and strategy consultant
- Wes Rogers, Humaculturist® and strategy consultant
- Jack Towarnicky, LLM, JD, MBA, CEBS, strategy and compliance consultant
Beyond basic compliance, this series will address how to strategically leverage the No Surprises Act to create a competitive financial advantage for both the plan sponsor and plan participants. In this session we will include a focus on Surpassing Mere Compliance and include Reference Based Pricing as an example of a strategic response to avoid compliance with many aspects of the No Surprises Act.
Surpassing Mere Compliance Takeaways
During this session, participants will learn:
- The No Surprises Act doesn’t eliminate all “surprises”
- The No Surprises Act is likely to be inflationary
- Mere compliance won’t reign in costs, will increase administration, and may increase litigation risk
- Using Reference Based Pricing as one example of strategic actions you can take to:
- Avoid what can be avoided
- Use tax preferences to finance what can’t/shouldn’t be avoided
- Communicate all negatives as the result of compliance
- Inform/educate consumers (before they become patients)