Webinar Replay: Context of the Self: “The Complexity of Each Person”
Watch a replay of the third webinar in Humaculture, Inc.’s “Optimal Behavior: Making Optimal Behavior the Natural Choice” to learn why the self can hamper performance and well-being and how to help People to grow capabilities, inspire motivation, overcome barriers, and resist temptations in order to lead to optimal behavior.
- Steve Cyboran, ASA, MAAA, FCA, CEBS, actuary and strategy consultant
- Wes Rogers, Humaculturist® and strategy consultant
- Colin Bullen, ASA, behavior change actuary
- Hanlie van Wyk, behavior change consultant
In this third session in our series on optimal behavior, we explore how the Context of Self influences behavior. To be effective within the Organization, People need to know and manage themselves through their own narrative and understand the same for the People around them. Organizations fail to use narrative stories to connect People to the meaning of changes they are trying to make. Organizations shy away from giving People constructive feedback, yet People need feedback to Grow. Organizations fail to articulate the reason the Organization exists and how People connect with it. To inspire people to perform, Organizational purpose needs to be clear and create emotional attachment, driving motivation. Finally, Organizations associate fun as something that happens outside the workplace and having fun is regarded as unproductive. However, scientists have discovered that it takes approximately 400 repetitions to create a new synapse in the brain, unless it is done in play, in which case it only takes 10 to 20 repetitions.
“The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.” Albert Einstein
Context of Self to Promote Optimal Behavior Key Takeaways
Join us to learn:
- How ineffective organizations:
- Don’t understand how People change behavior
- Don’t Grow Capability and Confidence to change
- Don’t motivate and inspire change
- Don’t recognize how People inhibit sustained behavior change
- How effective organizations:
- Grow competence in change resilience
- Inspire and motivate
- Deploy change sustaining reinforcement tools
We are available to support you in your strategy, design, compliance, financial, and monitoring needs. Our team includes business and human relations leaders, finance experts, actuaries, clinicians, behavioral health experts, pharmacy experts, and legal resources to guide you through the strategy and compliance process. Please contact us: [email protected].
Watch the Career Planning: Effective Pruning Bears Fruit: Manager Development Webinar Replay via Rumble.