Watch CEO Present on “Excess Mortality: A Peek Under the Iceberg”
Watch a replay of the Insurance Collaboration to Save Lives (ICSL) presentation on “Excess Mortality: A Peek Under the Iceberg” in which our CEO, Steve Cyboran, ASA, MAAA, FCA, CEBS participated. Steve discusses possible causes leading to an increase in mortality and morbidity post COVID-19, how we can use proactive health risk mitigation to respond, and what the returns may look like.
- Steve Cyboran, ASA, MAAA, FCA, CEBS, CEO, Consulting Actuary, Humaculture, Inc.
- Josh Stirling, Founder of Insurance Collaboration to Save Lives, Insurtech Advisor, Board Director and Former #1 Ranked Insurance Analyst
- Valerie Chezem, ASA, MAAA, Assistant Actuary, Everence®
- Mary Pat Campbell, FSA, MAAA, Vice President, Insurance Research, Conning
- Teresa Winer, FSA, MAAA, Actuary, Office of Insurance and Fire Safety Commissioner, Georgia
At the ICSL, dozens of industry executives have been developing a plan to help insurers proactively address the tragedy of on-going 20% increased mortality since 2020. Excess mortality and morbidity is a problem for our industry, and society. The ICSL brings together insurers to work together to solve it. Learn more about the impact we can make in the video. Steve Cyboran presents at 27:31.
- Through May of 2023 US mortality continues to be 20% high for ages 15 through 45
- There are underlying health conditions leading to excess mortality
- Insurers and employers can have impact that makes financial sense
- There are innovative ways to improve financial results
Watch the presentation:
We are available to support you in your strategy, design, compliance, financial, and monitoring needs. Our team includes business and human relations leaders, finance experts, actuaries, clinicians, behavioral health experts, pharmacy experts, and legal resources to guide you through the strategy and compliance process. Please contact us: [email protected].