Health and Well-being: How a Humaculture® Helps Improve Population Health and Outcomes
- A 12,000-employee health system needed to develop an aggressive strategy to:
- Change employee behavior
- Streamline benefits
- Comply with the ACA, avoid penalties
- Advance its wellness program
- Articulate a vision, develop a benefits architecture, and conduct modeling to:
- Leverage health system resources as an integral part of the program
- Garner greater participation in the institution’s wellness initiatives
- Promote healthy behaviors and better consumer choices.
- 98% participation in health risk assessments, biometric screenings, and cotinine testing
- 75% of employees verifiably risk free on all six outcome measurements
- $2.5M reduction in annual employer cost (drop in costs, which includes $2M of incentive payments)
- $2.0M reduction in annual employee cost
- A strategy to meet the coverage and affordability tests for all full time and applicable part time employees
When there is a well articulated vision for a Humaculture® and rewards are aligned to nurture the “plants”, they will thrive.